Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ABOUT BECKY

It is hard to believe Becky has been gone for over three years now. I still miss her every day. I miss calling her and having her answer the phone and me getting to say "Hey Sol" to have her respond "Hey Kim!" I think we all thought if anyone could beat cancer it would be her. She did for 14 years. Wow. There were so many signs and seemingly promises that she would be healed which made it all that more confusing at the time. However, since then, the whole thing has made me look at God in an even bigger light or way. It is kind of hard to explain, though.

I remember when I was in the 6th grade and Becky was in the 5th grade and my sister, Beth, started dating her brother, Mike Sollie. Beth said Mike had a little sister about my age and she thought we would really hit it off. They introduced us and the rest is history. We remained friends for her lifetime. Actually it was more like big sister/little sister. I always felt like she was my responsibility to look after and to try and set a good example for her. Sometimes I succeeded, other times, I didn't. I did succeed in getting her and Ken Clark (my cuz) together. That is one I am proud of. He was definitely the love of her life. Becky and I shared a lot of good times togerther and great memories. Too many over too many years to share here.

Anyway, today is a rainy day and I seem to be thinking about her and reflecting more on our time together. I remember after my first husband died, praying that no one else I knew would ever have to go through what we had been through. It just wasnt' meant to be. It is okay because I know one day, we wil be together again in the big beautiful beach in the heavens!!!!

Love you Becky and miss you deeply!!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment