Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Toomer's After the Game

AMAZING!!!! No other way to explain it! I think there were more people than the 2000 New Year's celebration. Spence and I parked in the parking lot across from Momma Goldberg's and walked the rest of the way. I am so glad we did. People were walking in masses, all moving towards Toomer's Corner, cheering all the way. A few trucks and cars drove by, blowing their horns to add to the celebration. War Eagles and hugs from perfect strangers or at least a "high five" were a part of the migration to The Corner. INCREDIBLE ATMOSPHERE!! It really is hard to explain what it was like. It was great to see students and community come together to celebrate.

I must also add, Jordan Lee is the AU HC Queen for the National Championship Year. How awesome for her! We will all probably be the only ones to remember but we are Sooo okay with that!!! She and Jeremy were celebrating too, but we didn't see them there.

It really feels good today to be a part of the Auburn Family. I so appreciated the class and praise for God both Chizik and Cam expressed and displayed in their post game interviews. God doesn't have favorites but we can do all things through him who strengthens us!!

Well. have a great day everyone. Enjoy the moment!!! I gotta go watch the highlights, AGAIN!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Kim...almost felt the atmosphere all the way over here in England. Likin' the blog...keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh Mrs. Kim, thank you so much for this! I totally agree with the comment above--you do a great job of capturing the wonderful spirit that makes up the moment and our dear town. ahh how i miss it! but we tigers in nyc tried our best to show our spirit by rolling a tree on the street in nyc. people on the street were definitely confused, plus a few police cars drove by, but thankfully none of them stopped and they let us continue our celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete